Chai latte is a delicious and warming drink that combines the spices of traditional chai tea with the creamy texture of steamed milk. Whether you’re a fan of sweet or spicy chai, making a chai latte at home is easy and cost-effective. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make a perfect chai latte in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 black tea bag or 1 tablespoon of loose-leaf black tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 green cardamom pods
- 2-3 cloves
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey (or to taste)
- Start by boiling water in a small pot. Once the water is at a rolling boil, add the black tea, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cloves, and grated ginger.
- Let the tea simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the spices to infuse into the water.
- Remove the tea bag or strain the loose-leaf tea and spices from the water.
- In a separate pan, heat the milk until it is steaming.
- Pour the milk into a mug, and add the tea mixture.
- Stir in the honey to taste. You can also add sugar if you prefer a sweeter chai latte.
- Enjoy your homemade chai latte warm and savor the flavors of the spices.
- You can use almond milk or soy milk instead of cow’s milk for a dairy-free option
- You can try different spices like nutmeg, star anise or black pepper for different flavors.
- You can also add a shot of espresso to make it a chai latte macchiato
Making a chai latte at home is easy and allows you to customize the flavors to your personal taste. By using high-quality ingredients and experimenting with different spices, you can create a truly delicious and comforting drink. Give it a try and enjoy the warmth of a homemade chai latte.
Watch the full recipe here: