Reusable water bottles are a must-have item when you’re starting your sustainability journey. It’s an easy action you can take to immediately help the planet. Hydration is a vital part of our lives, so equipping yourself with a long-lasting reusable bottle is key.
Here are some reason to purchase a reusable water bottle:
- Reduce plastic waste: Purchasing a reusable water bottle is a necessary first step to addressing the problem of plastic waste. Plastic bottles are produced in a highly polluting manner, and they biodegrade extremely slowly, taking millions of years to degrade naturally in the environment.
- Reusable bottles save money: Another point is that using a reusable water bottle is significantly less expensive than purchasing single-use water bottles. Save yourself some money and refill a reusable water bottle from the tap.
- A single bottle will last you for years: A reusable bottle is more than a bottle, it is your constant companion. When we have fewer possessions, we can more clearly identify what is important to us and take good care of them to ensure their longevity.
- Reusable bottles are healthier for you: Single-use plastic bottles not only harm the environment, but they can also harm your health due to chemicals from the bottle itself.
There are loads of different water bottles materials, but here are a couple to choose from:
- Stainless steel water bottles
Stainless steel water bottles are great for keeping hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold. They are durable and don’t break easily but can get dents, which affect their aesthetic properties. They are lightweight and can be carried with ease. Stainless steel bottles are versatile and functional, and a great choice for the long run.
- Glass water bottles
Glass bottles give the best drinking experience. They don’t alter the taste of the drink and pose no health threats. They’re also see-through, which makes it really easy to keep an eye on how much water you’ve consumed. On the other hand, they break easily, weigh more than other options, and have no insulation.
- Aluminum water bottles
Aluminum water bottles are made out of cheap materials and are an affordable option. They are extremely lightweight and easy to carry everywhere you go. Contrary, they are less durable than stainless steel bottles. Also, flavors and smells tend to cling to the lining of the bottle, but if you’re only using it for water, there is no need to worry.
From a sustainability standpoint, no material is preferable to another. Your choice of water bottle should come down to lifestyle considerations, such as how much weight you can carry and aesthetic choices. Your best bet is to pick a material that you will hold on to longest and use the most.