During the fall, pumpkins take over the world and dominate everyone’s thoughts and homes. Apart from that, pumpkins are full of calcium, potassium, phosphorus, vitamin A and lots of fibre. Chia seeds are powerful little seeds! They absorb liquid and form a gel-like consistency. They are also a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, plant-based protein and fibre!
This Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding is the perfect simple healthy fall dessert! This version is great for breakfast or as a snack as well. You can mix it up in a few minutes and there is no cooking required.
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 200ml milk of your choice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Optional – whipped cream
- Stir together chia seeds, milk, pumpkin, honey, peanut butter and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- Let the mixture soak for 5 minutes.
- Give it another stir to break up any clumps and put in a Cupffee.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Wait until you’re ready to serve the chia pudding before adding your whipped cream.
Make sure you use fresh chia seeds as older ones might not absorb enough of the milk. Stir the mixture very well before you let it refrigerate. If you don’t, the dessert might end up with clumps and weird texture. And if you don’t like the texture at all, just blend the mixture to achieve a creamy traditional pudding.
Watch the full recipe here: