Dalgona coffee, or Whipped Coffee – originating in Korea, the coffee recipe that took social media by storm. It started as a TikTok trend and now it is served in cafes all over the world. It is fluffy, tasty and super easy to make. The name “dalgona” originated from an old fashioned Korean street snack, which has a similar taste to honeycomb toffee.
All you need to make this recipe:
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 220 ml Cupffee cup
Here is how to make it:
- Whisk together boiling water, instant coffee, and sugar with an electric mixer at until the mixture is thick and forms stiff peaks. Scrape the bottom and sides of the glass occasionally while whipping.
- Pour the milk into a Cupffee, leaving room on top. Spoon the Dalgona froth on top of the milk.
- Stir vigorously and enjoy!
Whisk in a zigzag motion – back and forth and side to side, instead of rotating in circles. If you don’t have an electric mixer, you can also make it without one. Be prepared for a good muscle exercise and whisk by hand for 8 to 20 minutes with a whisk.
Watch the recipe here:
Get your Cupffee cups: